- 2017 year - the Year of Dialogue with the People and Human Interests
- The Strategy of Actions on Further Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Chairmanship of Uzbekistan in the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC
- Problems of water resources in the Central Asia
- Events at Uzbekistan's overseas missions
Talks with delegation of Foreign Ministry of Afghanistan
On January 9, 2017, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan Abdulaziz Kamilov received the delegation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan headed by the Deputy Minister Hekmat Khalil Karzai.
During the meeting the sides discussed the current state and prospects of bilateral relations, as well as the schedule of upcoming contacts.
On the same day the first round of the Uzbek-Afghan inter-ministerial political consultations were held at the level of deputy ministers in Tashkent. The actual aspects of cooperation between the two countries in political, trade-economic, transport-communication, cultural-humanitarian and other fields, as well as relations within international organizations were considered.
During the consultations, it was noted that Uzbekistan and Afghanistan are interested in bringing bilateral relations to a new level on the basis of the principle s of respect, mutual benefit and interests of each other.
The sides also discussed topical international and regional issues.
The Ambassador of Afghanistan to Uzbekistan Sayed Shahabuddin Timori attended the talks.
Photo by Shahriyor Turgunbaev